Cancer Relief Centre receives 90% of its funding from donations and fundraising. We can honestly say that your donations go directly towards the running of the Centre, the staff and all the services we provide the community completely free of charge. Your donations truly do make a difference, no matter the amount. Every £1 given will help us keep essential cancer support services, we provide for our community, secure and available for the future. To give you an idea of just how important your donations are, here are a few ways they can make a difference. A simple £20 donation can provide an hour of essential complementary therapy for a cancer patient or carer, helping them get some vital personal time to relax, rebalance and more equipped to deal with whatever they need to. It can help transform the distress of losing your hair into a slightly less frightening experience, by supporting our Headsmart service and making sure our wig specialist is there for every person who needs them. It can make sure that every call to the Centre, in need of support or advice, is answered by a professional experienced cancer nurse, ready to help, ready to care. There are so many ways to donate, see below for more details or give us a call on 20042392 to chat about your options.
There are many ways to donate
Payments / transfers to our bank accounts in Natwest Bank.
Click here to make Natwest online transfers. Our bank details are:
- Natwest Bank
Account name Gibraltar Society for Cancer Relief
Account number 48217913 | Sort code 60-60-60
You can donate via our Just Giving page https://www.justgiving.com/g-s-c-r .
Here you can choose whether to donate to a personal fundraising event being held in aid of Cancer Relief or simply to donate directly to our page.
You can even leave a message on our wall if you would like to dedicate your donation.
In the community
- Events / Campaigns – we will keep you up to date as our amazing fundraising team plan events for the year!
- Support our Flag Day – Keep an eye on our events calendar for more details of our next flag day. We also have collection tins in numerous shops and businesses around Gibraltar.
- Organise and event or fundraiser in our name – why not try your hand at holding an event and really get involved! Click HERE for more information about holding your own fundraising event.
Membership or Standing Order
- Annual Membership Subscription Form – to download a copy of our membership leaflet, click here
- Standing Order – If you would like to donate via standing order, please refer to the Natwest Bank details provided.
Other ways to support Cancer Relief
- Donation in remembrance – to celebrate the life of a loved one, some families decide to collect donations in lieu of flowers. In this way, the memory of your loved one will continue in our work by allowing us to be there for more people with cancer and their families.
- A gift in your will – as a small, local charity, remembering us in your will can make a real difference in helping us to continue our work.
Donations by post or by hand
- Any donations you wish to give can also be posted or dropped off to the Cancer Relief Centre at 5 South Barrack Road. Please makes cheques payable to Cancer Relief Gibraltar.
In 2006, the Income Tax (Gift Aid) Rules 2006 introduced a new scheme governing charitable donations made by donors. If you pay tax in Gibraltar on your income, gains or profits and then make a Gift Aid donation, locally registered charities can claim back standard rate tax relating to that donation directly from the Income Tax Office. As a result any gift made, as a Gift Aid donation, is worth more to the charity than the amount actually donated directly by the donor. Anyone is eligible to make a Gift Aid donation if they meet the required criteria, which can be found by following the link below.
In order for your donation to qualify as a Gift Aid donation you must complete a Gift Aid Declaration Form, which can be found in the appendices of the below link. If you would like any more information on how to Gift Aid your donation, please just call the Centre and we can talk you through it.
However you choose to donate, THANK YOU! Your gift allows us to continue providing our services to the community.
Thank you so much for enabling us to do so, we truly appreciate your support.