If you would like to participate in any of our planned events, just give us a call and we can chat about all the options. If you would like to organise your own event, we are still very happy to help guide you through all the requirements that your specific event will entail. In general, below are a few pointers to help you on your way
- Try to think about the type of event you would like to hold and when in the year it would be best to hold it (e.g. try not to hold outdoor exercise sports in the middle of summer).
- Aim to ensure your event will not clash with similar events around the same time.
- Choose appropriately sized and placed venues for your event. If you think it will be popular, try choosing a good sized room but if you think there won’t be a lot of footfall in a short period of time, perhaps go for a smaller area. Ensure all your requirements for amenities are met, for example alcohol licenses if you want to serve alcohol.
- Make sure you are aware of all the required licenses for your event. If you are selling tickets in public, you will require licenses from the Convent. If you would like to erect an area, play music, sell food or merchandise, these will all require licenses from the necessary bodies.
- With a view to paying licenses and promoting your event, try and make a simple budget for your event and decide whether expenditures will be taken from the money made or funded personally. Either way, ensure this information is clear and the public are aware.
- Cancer Relief can help provide banners, balloons etc. for events so contact us before you order these sorts of items.
- Use social media to help spread awareness of your event and keep people up to date with the planning and preparations via Facebook, Twitter or the Cancer Relief website.
- Decide on how you will accept donations or registration fees for your event. Cancer Relief has a Just Giving page and many successful events have been run from a Just Giving page. The most important result is a clearly run campaign with all donation and proceeds clearly listed so everyone knows what the total was and how you achieved it.